Hey, it's what I do! Welcome to my creative arts blog!

Welcome to my Maker's blog, where I feature my own unique creative projects. I'm six years out from breast cancer and counting my blessings.

Top Projects

Don't Miss My TOP Projects!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tiny Nest HOME Sign



For this project I was looking for a neat little sign for our guest bathroom and I remembered these tiny wire nests.....


I've been making these nests for my rosette necklaces for a few years now. I've almost sold out in my Etsy shop so I'll have to make more. I love how they look with the sweet ribbon rosettes and beading. Making them isn't hard work since I enjoy them so much!



Here's a close up of the nest done in gold colored wire and the perfect freshwater pearls shaped like eggs.


For this project I turned to my handy dandy pre cut letters. A pizza box is the perfect storage solution.


I used a coupon at Joanne's to get this great selection of chipboard letters for $6.00 a few years back. This was a great buy and I've used them in dozens of projects since. Sometimes I just trace them and save the letters but this time I used letters in different fonts.....


I spray painted a frame from my stash gloss black, and also painted the mismatched letters. I tore card stock diagonally then inked and distressed the edges. I also grunged the corners and random areas for added texture.


A tiny nest of tarnished gold colored wire and three beads nestles at the bottom of the "O".


A wispy branch picked up from the yard adds a final touch of whimsy.


I grunged the edges a bit more and also grunged around the branch to make it stand out a bit. I like it. I like it alot!



Insanely Creative Christy redid this little cabinet with recycled dictionary pages, paint and twine, and the cubby at the bottom is perfect for this HOME sign. It is the perfect spot for it!

I'll be linking up to the parties in my sidebar. Come visit and check out the neat projects in blogland!

4 comments:

  1. I Love your sign!!! It looks so good with your cabinet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog and I Love, Love, Love it! You certainly have a talent for re-purposing furniture. I am your newest follower # 1103, please accept my warm and humble invitation to visit and to hopefully follow my blog, too. Connie :) Have a great weekend, and hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the perfect accessory for that little cubby. Love your pretty blue blog header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great eye. Love the nest on the sign.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!