Hey, it's what I do! Welcome to my creative arts blog!

Welcome to my Maker's blog, where I feature my own unique creative projects. I'm six years out from breast cancer and counting my blessings.

Top Projects

Don't Miss My TOP Projects!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Repainted Dollar Store Butterflies

I just couldn't leave well enough alone...so I repainted this metal butterfly for my garden!


Before.......................................and after.


I found these metal butterfly stakes at the local Dollar Store and immediately made plans to repaint them for my garden.


I used two colors of spray paint to give me more of a turquoise color to complement our front deck.


 I used the turquoise nail polish to add a bit of glamour and shine to the wings.


And I added just a little bit of the glitter nail polish to give the wings some sparkle.
UPDATE-ALL THE NAIL POLISH I USED FADED VERY QUICKLY IN THE SUMMER SUN. I WILL REPAINT SOME OF THESE BUTTERFLIES BEFORE NEXT SUMMER SO THEY STAY BRIGHT AND FRESH!


Using a fine paint brush I followed the contours of the stamped metal. I added the tiny vein details to each wing then added some white dots. You can see the veins in this close up but not so much when it's outside in the yard.


Wow! I love the pop of color against the bright green. Notice you can't really see the glitter when it's outside. But in my colorful colorful garden this blue butterfly really holds it own!

And here is the Monarch version of my Dollar Store butterflies. What a fun project this has turned out to be!



Come join me at these fun linky parties!

http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2015/04/pj-275-upcycled-link-party.html

http://akadesign.ca/weekend-retreat-link-party-116/

1 comment:

  1. Stunning and amazing! I am completely blown away!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!