Hey, it's what I do! Welcome to my creative arts blog!

Welcome to my Maker's blog, where I feature my own unique creative projects. I'm six years out from breast cancer and counting my blessings.

Top Projects

Don't Miss My TOP Projects!

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Making Fairy Doors

I wanted some fairy doors to use as photo props while we were on vacation.
 As usual, I made them so I got exactly what I wanted.


This oval wooden sign is recycled from an old project. 
The Welding Man cut it in two just off center.



Then I had him trim the edges of one piece. 
Now I have two uniquely shaped doors!

Using the ol' tried and true Elmer's glue and craft paint technique,
 I gave both sides of each door a fine cracked paint finish.

Here's a link to my post about easy crackle paint with Elmer's glue....


Here's how the white crackled side turned out. I glued on the wood shapes for door knobs.

And here's how all four sides turned out. I sealed them with plenty of clear acrylic spray but I don't plan to leave them outside in the weather. These are for photo props!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!