Saturday, March 28, 2020

Book Painting For My Livingroom




My living room was looking winter dark and dreary so I decided to lighten up all my decor, 
starting with this bookcase painting in my favorite blues, reds, golds and greens.




I found a big blank thrift store canvas for the win. Three dollars!!

I Mod Podged old dictionary pages over the whole thing.


I drafted in the design and started the base book paintings.
I crackle painted several books on each shelf with Elmer's glue and craft paint.
It's an easy DIY and looks awesome!
I blogged about it here...




Then comes lots of details and dry brushing and even some gel markers.




And I added one of my garden orbs since they are kind of my "thing."

              

I really like the new, lighter, colorful way my livingroom is headed.
 I am sure there are more projects in store. 

Thanks for stopping by!












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...