Monday, April 12, 2010

French Lingerie Style Pretty Muslin Pillows


I buy my muslin by the bolt. Unbleached, bleached and tea dyed, I always have plenty on hand for my dolls and other projects and I use alot of it. Thank you Lord for 50% off coupons for Joanne's!

I've always loved the fine dressmaker details on old French and Victorian corsets, lingerie, camisoles and chemises and I started dinking around with some muslin squares and duplicating some of those pretty details. You know, the kind of frilly foofery Scarlett O'Hara would have on her "personals." So here's the start....


And here's the first four pillows on my couch, along with the cable knit pillows I made from a recycled sweater. Don't they look just swooningly romantic?



I added torn ruffles and lots and lots of little buttons and some tiny tuxedo shirt style pleats and some smocking and more buttons and then a couple of rows of lace. I may have gotten a little delirious somewhere in there....


Maybe Rhett Buttler had shirts with pleats and ruffles like this?













And maybe the bodice for Aunt Pitty Pat's pretty chemise had smocking like this?



















I can picture Ashley Wilkes wearing a shirt with these tucks and ruffles. He always liked those French details in his fine evening clothes.













And Scarlett would be the first to agree that you can never have too many ruffles and pretty little buttons!

I'm having alot of fun coming up with these fancy pillows and I'm listing them in my shop. I still have a few ideas up my sleeve.....and linking to I Made It at Everything Etsy, plus Look at Me, I'm So Crafty at Fun to Craft, and Transform Tuesday at The Pumpkin Patch, and a new party called All Things Dreamy at European Dreams. See the links in my sidebar.

Here's an update...all these pillows sold out of my Etsy shop! Woohoo! You betcha I will be making more and coming up with some new designs. Don't you love it when a plan comes together? ; 0 )



23 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love them all, but that last one stole my heart! :)

    I'm so glad you could join us for our party...could you add a link back to the party post? Thanks! :)

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo Cute! And French! The muslin gives the pillows such a feminine, dainty look that I just love! Great job! Thanks for commenting on some of my summer-y tops on my blog...Joy 2 Sew! So glad we share a love of many of the same things! I'm now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gasp*

    Those are amazing. I am so so jealous of your talent AND those pillows.

    My bed pillows are in serious need of some pretty pillow cases. Maybe this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are great. I'm definately inspired! I love the combination you've put together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pillows! I can't wait to try and make one myself. Thank for posting this-and thanks for visiting my site. Your banner is killer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GORGEOUS! And I love the tie in with GWTW, my absolute favorite movie of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are seriously FANTASTIC!! I love them all. They are gorgeous. You have some talent girl! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are AWESOME! Oh, I love them. I want them for my house! Only, I would have to frame them or something so my kids wouldn't destroy them! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for commenting on my pillow... yours are by far much nicer than mine :) I loved the little detail on the edges! I don't' really know what to call it.. ribbon? ric rac? Well I will just call it cute :) I am having so much fun getting into the crafting world and seeing little things that make a huge difference. On this project, I learned that a dollar sore shirt isn't always the best idea for getting fabric. Mine was kind of see threw. What kind of fabric did you use for it?

    thecraftytulip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pillows are beautiful! I especially like the smocked one.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. scrumptious!!! I always forget that SWEATERS can be so shabby when used the right way - great idea! Thanks for linking up with us today - we hope to see you back again soon! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. found you on Flamingo Toes. I'm just starting out too, but you are obviously far ahead of me. Great pillows, I love them. I've been wanting to make some for my bedroom but been hesitant. These make me want to start today! I'm following you so I can see what other fabulous ideas you come up with and steal them!!!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tres Chic! Magnifique! Oh LA LA! So happy you joined in for Market Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi An,

    Your pillows are outstanding! I'm partial to the tucked and smocked ones - so pretty! I added you to my favorites on Etsy.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Pillows!!!
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your references to "gone with the wind"...one of my all time favorite movies...your pillows are stunners...i love all of the pretty details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY Gosh!!! Beautiful! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty pillows. I really like this idea. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow--these are works of art! Thanks for sharing them over at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...