Saturday, October 8, 2011

Farewell To Summer

This was our pretty patio project at the height of summer. So colorful, lush and cool. The barrel fountain in the corner filled the space with the sound of falling water.


On a summer morning it was a delightful place to sit with a cup of coffee and read the newspaper or a good book.



So pretty.



And I finished a few projects out there, like this chair. It was also nice to paint outside on my broken mirror project.

Alas, cooler weather is shutting down the patio for the season. It's not warm enough to spend time out there any longer. The sun is at a different angle and the whole area is shady and cool.

Now our living shifts to our new front deck which we are still finishing. Molly Brown, our chocolate lab, likes it! It's big enough for seating the overflow from family dinners and with the sun's new angle, it gets the afternoon warmth.

And boy, do I have big plans for Halloween decorating! Picture those overflowing planter boxes filled with plants painted glossy black. And black garlands on the railing. And black urns with stacked pumpkins.

Can't wait to get started!

I'll be linking up to Funky Junks Farewell to Summer party. Come visit and join the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful deck, love the colors! Visiting from Funky Junks party. Can't wait to see this decorated for Fall!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...