Thursday, October 6, 2016

Make Spooky Floaty Bats for Halloween Decor





I wanted to make black bats that would float and drift around in the October breezes but I couldn't figure out how to hang them. Then I got the idea to put them on curly wires instead!

I LOVE how they came out!


I found that I had these black foam meat trays in my stash. 
After running them through the dishwasher, I knew I 
could use them for something and they were perfect
 for these flighty bats.



I drew a simple pattern and cut them out with a razor knife.

We cut long lengths of sturdy wire and curled them around a broom handle
 then wrapped one end around a foam bat shape.


We stuck them into our deck planters to see how they looked in the wind. 
We were so pleased when even the slightest breeze made them turn and twist and shiver!

So we made more and attached them to our Halloween archway.


They look great!

Not only were they fun and easy to make, but they are 100% weatherproof 
and easy to store for next year. 

That's a win win in my book!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea. I'll be saving the meat trays for next year so I can line the sidewalk to the house with bats!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...