Hey, it's what I do! Welcome to my creative arts blog!

Welcome to my Maker's blog, where I feature my own unique creative projects. I'm six years out from breast cancer and counting my blessings.

Top Projects

Don't Miss My TOP Projects!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

DIY Wax Paper Twinkle Lantern

My idea for this lantern involved some twinkle lights a
and a pretty inside display on my bakers' rack.


I removed the candle and scrubbed it thoroughly...
 then put a string of white Christmas lights inside.


This is NOT the look I was going for. 
Even with glass marbles and beautiful sea glass filling up the bottom, 
the string of lights just looks awkward and a bit dumb.

I can't change the look of the lights but I can change
 how they look through the lantern glass.


I figured out how to frost the glass sides using crumpled up 
wax paper from the Dollar Store.

I used Mod Podge to adhere each wax paper sheet on the glass.



The wax paper makes the glass look frosted and crackled. 
I LOVE how soft the light is coming through the semi opaque glass.


Ooh aah!
Now the lights looks soft and glowing and this lantern is exactly
 what I pictured for decor on my baker's rack.
It is just right to use as a night light and as a focal point
 for each season's decor.



And here's the baker's rack all glammed up for last Christmas. 
LOVE how that lantern accents the silver and blue perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!