Tuesday, February 21, 2017

DIY Wax Paper Twinkle Lantern

My idea for this lantern involved some twinkle lights a
and a pretty inside display on my bakers' rack.


I removed the candle and scrubbed it thoroughly...
 then put a string of white Christmas lights inside.


This is NOT the look I was going for. 
Even with glass marbles and beautiful sea glass filling up the bottom, 
the string of lights just looks awkward and a bit dumb.

I can't change the look of the lights but I can change
 how they look through the lantern glass.


I figured out how to frost the glass sides using crumpled up 
wax paper from the Dollar Store.

I used Mod Podge to adhere each wax paper sheet on the glass.



The wax paper makes the glass look frosted and crackled. 
I LOVE how soft the light is coming through the semi opaque glass.


Ooh aah!
Now the lights looks soft and glowing and this lantern is exactly
 what I pictured for decor on my baker's rack.
It is just right to use as a night light and as a focal point
 for each season's decor.



And here's the baker's rack all glammed up for last Christmas. 
LOVE how that lantern accents the silver and blue perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...