Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Zero Dollars To Make a New Fountain For Our Deck!


We've always had a fountain on our deck, not only for the beauty and the 

sounds of it, but for the grand babies to play in.

               



But this little fountain is past its prime.



We took it apart to see what we could salvage and found the pump is in perfect working order.
 All we needed were containers and a platform for a 
new little fountain.....hmmm.

Time to check the garden shed for what we already have.



I bought these matching plastic planters because they looked like wood. 
They don't have any pre drilled drain holes so they seem exactly what we need. 
We stacked them on top of one of my five gallon bucket tables 
that has a  microwave dish top (covered with pretty pebbles stuck on with GE Silicone II)

 It's a perfect solution!


 The Welding Man drilled the overflow hole and added a short pipe fitting. 
We added water, plugged in the pump...
and VOILA!

I dug up clumps of creeping jenny from the yard and planted them in little pots. 
We wired them to the fountain  and would you look at that..
an almost instant pretty deck fountain that did not cost us a dime!


We'll have to drain it for winter, of course. 
But these plastic tubs won't spring a leak like the wooden buckets did
 and we hope they'll last for years. 

This is my favorite kind of project...a bit of finagling and recycling what
 we already have to make something brand "new."

I call that a win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...