Sunday, April 27, 2014

DIY Garden Art SUPER EASY Glass Garden Balls from Lamp Globes





I love to use decor balls in my garden! There, I said it. I love the shapes and colors of blue glass and get them into my yard anyway I can. Here are a few that I've made over the years using glass half marbles and E6000 glue and various round ball shapes. Here is a link to the instructions....




But not all glass garden decor has to be a "project." You can easily make some gorgeous garden art with just two things...spray paint and round glass light covers. Can you spot the blue glass ball in this photo? Of course you can, because not only is it bright blue, it is faceted to catch the light. LOVE this color!


Ooh ahhh!


It's a spray painted glass light cover! I paid less than $1 for it at the thrift store. Here's another one before it's been painted....


The texture reminds me of a sea urchin.


The color is "Lagoon." But the real trick is not in the brand of spray paint or the color, it is the fact that you spray the INSIDE of the glass globe. YUP, painting the inside of the glass makes the paint impervious to rain, ice and snow. Even the harsh summer sun has not dimmed these beautiful blue decorative orbs. Since the opening in the globe is always facing down, the weather cannot get in.

Who knew it could be that easy?


Now it looks like some exotic undersea creature.





OOOh AAAAH!

Now these glass globes are always on my shopping list for yard sales, thrift store and even hardware store sales. Plus, I wonder how these would look painted orange for Halloween? Or red and silver for Christmas? My brain's in overdrive now!


1 comment:

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...