Saturday, September 26, 2020

Easter Eggs to Giant Acorns DIY

I am ready to start decorating for Fall so I crashed my stash and
 found these large size Easter  eggs from the Dollar Store.
 I knew I could make something perfect for my autumn decor...


...and here's what I did with them. 
I made giant acorns!


I like them alot!

Here's how...I started by painting the eggs brown with craft paint.


I cut ovals out of burlap and hot glued them around the eggs with plenty of pleats. 
Let the glue cool completely. 

I used a deconstructed pine cone for the first one I made but I wasn't thrilled with the way it looked.
 I decided to make the next ones using only the smaller, 
rounder end of the eggs. Plenty of hot glue held wrapped garden twine
around the top of my acorn shape.
I like the way this one came out!


A short twig makes a nice stem and now I've got this figured out. 
Then I made several more and displayed them in a wood bowl with
 my home made faux moss balls.



So which ones do you prefer? The wrapped twine toppers or the pinecone parts? 
Either way they sure look good and are perfect for my autumn tablescape.
The total cost is $1 for six eggs and another $1 for the garden twine.

That's a win win in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...