Saturday, February 9, 2019

Quick Lamp Restyle with Tissue and Mod Podge

I've had this little uplight forever and the shade had yellowed and had little cracks all over. 

Time for a restyle!!


I hit my stash for Mod Podge and some pretty turquoise tissue paper. 
I crinkled the tissue up and tore it into postage stamp size pieces.


After cleaning the light shade I covered the whole thing with the crumpled tissue, 
including a generous border folded over the top. At this point I was 
really jazzed because this looks like burnished STONE.

I sealed it with clear acrylic spray.


Even during the day it lends a pop of the blue color I love to it's place on my shelf.


Oooh aaaah!

I like it even better when it's lit up!

It's the perfect light for the shelf at the end of my 
hallway and it highlights my painting so nicely!

Sometimes a project just comes together so quickly and 
easily that it makes me laugh out loud. This was one of them.
Now I'm looking at the other lamp right over there......







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...