Wednesday, August 21, 2019

DIY Vinca Vine Wreath

As I was trimming the runaway vinca vines from my planters I looked at
 the handful of  cuttings and thought they'd make a great wreath.

I did a bit of curling and wrapping and added a few bits of florist wire 
and I soon had a pretty green vinca wreath.


But you know and I know that fresh and pretty green wreaths won't last very long. 
I set it aside to dry for a few weeks.

When it was fully dry and brown and crinkly and NOT green anymore,
 I assessed what I would do with it. 

Hmmmm. 

Spray paint couldn't do any harm and it might make it look pretty good.

Where's that can of Rustoleum Lagoon?


Oooh aaah!

Not brown anymore! Now it's pretty and perfect for this little fence in my garden.
I love how it looks against all that rough wood grain.
As you can see I didn't paint it thoroughly, just gave it a few swipes of color.

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

I'm going to leave it out there over the winter and see how it does. 
Even if it doesn't last it's a pretty and eye catching bit of art in my yard
 that was simple to make and didn't cost a dime.

You can bet I'll be saving ALL my vine clippings from now on. 
I foresee lots of pretty little wreaths in my gardening future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...