Monday, May 22, 2023

Firewood Log Succulent Planter


I made this out of a fire wood log from the building supply!

The natural wood and the greens of the succulents are a perfect match, and it couldn't have been easier.

I am always on the lookout for unusual planters for my gardens.

This stack of birch fire wood at the local Lowe's caught my eye and I bought two.



A few hours labor with a chisel, a hammer and even a hatchet gave me a log
with a planting hole in the middle.


I screwed a plastic plate to the bottom as a water catcher then filled the 
hole up with gravel on bottom and succulent planter mix on top.

Then I shopped my garden succulents for just the right mix of plants to put
in this rustic planter. It is NOT ordinary,
and I love it!




I added a few stones and gravel to the top then took about a thousand photos.

This project makes me smile and smile. 


I stapled landscape felt to the bottom of the log 

and then screwed on a plastic charger plate from Dollar Tree.

As you can see, it turned out extremely well!

Time to make the second one!









3 comments:

  1. Your post is a must-read for all fire enthusiasts! The information on the drawbacks of burning wet firewood is eye-opening. I'll be more mindful of the wood I use for a better fire experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiwood attention to detail sets them apart from other furniture brands. I recently purchased a coffee table from them, and it's a beautiful addition to my living room. The craftsmanship is exceptional, and the design is unique. It has become the focal point of the room, and I've received many compliments from guests. Thank you, Multiwood

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read every one. They let me know if I'm on a good track with my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Book Page Christmas DIY

Most of you have figured out I am a color freak with an obsession  for turquoise, red and cobalt blue.  However, I also obsess about ...